We are KAL is a social business with an unconventional approach to slow fashion. We create handmade textiles and garments from source to stitch where we combine modern design with traditional textile crafts in India. We work in close collaboration with our team of nomadic shepherds, spinners and weavers in remote areas of India on reviving disappearing textile arts and organic natural fibers. All of our garments are designed and made in Leipzig, Germany.
We are looking for a passionate communication/marketing intern who can support us part-time to spread the stories of we are KAL to the world and explore new sales channels for our products. This will be your field of expertise but you will realise that in a start up you have the freedom to also dive into other fields and give your input in various activities of the company, so learning different kind of skills is guaranteed! Also, there is the possibility to become part of the team in the future.
Duration: Start on 20th of April until 30th of June
Location: Social Impact Lab, Leipzig, Germany / remote & working from home negotiable
Position: part-time or full-time negotiable
What you will be working on:
- Co-designing the communication & media plan for 2017
- Writing media content for press and blogs
- finding out about fitting events and activities for we are KAL
- connecting with brands and groups suitable for a greater visibility of we are KAL globally
What we are looking for:
- Fluent English and fluent German would be a plus
- Exceptional writing skills
- Affinity with online marketing, promotion and social media
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) would be a plus
- Ability to work independently
- You have, or are still completing, a bachelors/master degree, ideally in communication or marketing
What we offer:
- Very independent and flexible way of working, relaxed atmosphere in a start-up
- A workplace with a beautiful view of the Karl-Heine-Kanal at the Social Impact Lab in Leipzig, in the heart of Plagwitz
- Monthly intern stipend and a product of your choice from our collection
- Good insight and hands-on experience into starting a social enterprise
Apply before 15th of April!
Send us your CV and a cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org